Parent/carer sessions include:
Using love and limits; encouraging good behaviour; using consequences; building parent-youth relationships; protecting against substance misuse.
Young people’s sessions include:
Having dreams and goals; appreciating parents; dealing with peer pressure and the characteristics of good friends.
Family sessions bring together key points through activities promoting the attributes and development of positive families.
Targeted outcomes of the programme include:[list type=bullets-blue]
- Strengthening Parent/ Youth relationship
- Increased Parenting skills
- Reduced youth aggressive and hostile behaviour
- Increased academic success
- Prevention of substance use/ misuse