It’s important that anyone wanting to access our services can do so. However, we know that it can be difficult for some of our clients to meet with us during the day time, because of their own work commitments or other factors. To provide clients with more choice and flexibility we’re launching new twilight services for women who prefer to meet or speak with us after 5pm.
We’ll shortly be starting:
- Evening appointment slots each Tuesday from 5pm – 7pm, starting 31st October at our Luton town centre location. (Which seems an apt date as it’s part of our new twilight service! We will provide the pumpkins…)
- A Monday evening Freedom programme running from 6pm – 7.30pm, starting mid-November. The Freedom programme is designed for women who want to learn more about domestic abuse and start to make sense of and understand what has happened to them. It is an 11-week programme, which will run once a week and you can join at any point – so you don’t have to wait for week one to start! The specific start date will depend on demand for the programme. But we are happy to start with a smaller group than normal and see how we build up.
- As part of our joint work with other organisations in Luton to combat sexual exploitation of women, we’re also in discussions with Resolutions about supporting some of their evening drop in and outreach activities for women in Luton. If you’re engaging with these services they’ll be able to let you know when we’ll be around and/or how to get in contact with us.
This is a trial for us, so your feedback, whether as a client, potential client or partner agency is really appreciated. If the new times work for you please let us know! But also please let us know if different days/times, or services would work better or you have ideas for what you’d like to see in the evenings. We’re thinking about the potential for a drop in one evening, so would be particularly keen to hear whether this would be of interest.
If you’d like to give us any ideas or suggestions there’s loads of ways to do it:
- Through our website – ‘contact us’
- Through our Facebook page as a direct message to @steppingstonesluton
- Via the office, either on the phone to one of the team or via our feedback forms which you’ll find in reception
- If you prefer you can contact one of our client representatives who can feedback anonymously on your behalf. You can leave a message for them in the office (01582 457114) and they’ll ring you back, or email them on firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you’d like to attend an evening session, either as an existing or potential client please let us know. The team can be reached on 01582 457114 or via email@example.com .